Friday, May 27, 2005

Take My Wi-Fi, Please!

WebCPA | Tools and Resources for the Electronic Accountant
By Robert Scott, Editor-in-Chief, Accounting Technology

To the wireless network owner somewhere in New Jersey: thanks for letting us tap into your system.

That thank you letter is not going to be written, but it could be. For while killing two hours in a pediatrician's office, I was able to be productive via the world of the wireless.

Part of this was based on advice from California CPA Dave Cieslak who suggested that if I really how wanted to see how bad wireless security is, just sit in a hotel lobby and see how many networks are unprotected. In this office, the answer was two, and I quickly got online and began browsing the Web. (I am assuming that the pediatricians do not provide Wi-Fi service to customers the way Starbucks does.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home