Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The No Man's Land Week Doldrums

OK - this is just a ridiculous week to try and work... it is INSANE! If you are one of the lucky ones who either works at a company that already realizes productivity is a lost cause the week between Christmas and New Year's... or if you have saved up a bunch of meaningless tasks to do during this slow, dry, draught of a week... well... hurray for you. I'm happy for you. No, really I am.

PR people and salesmen (non retail) just might as well kiss any hope of generating leads this week goodbye. It's hopeless. This morning, I sent out a press release this morning (yes, please tell me why a client decided to drop ANYTHING this week... still trying to figure that one out myself), and out of a good 100 contacts - more than half came back with the lovely "Out of Office" reply.

Well... goodie goodie for these people. In the mean time, I need to get coverage for my clients. Why does the whole world just shut down during this horrific week? Are the after Christmas sales just that hard to resist? Are people in a comatose state from eating too much turkey and partaking of too much holiday cheer? I just don't get it...

I'm actually in a mild state of depression today... and it SUCKS! I hate it. Someone, please... give me a bottle of vodka, some olives and a martini glass. It's a desperate situation here for the Tech Girl. Someone gimme a "yeah-haw" It's a bleak, bleak world, and this incredible 75 degree weather is making it that much worse as I stare at it from behind my desk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home