Thursday, July 21, 2005

SKI Bunnies...


Last Tuesday, several of us went out to Mike and Pam's house for a little ski trip. The three lovely ladies you see there are much better to look at in this natural state than out on the lake trying to ski. Of the three pictured here, the redhead (Sadie) was the most successful. She actually saw some air and didn't suck in too much water for at least two or three milliseconds.

For me, it was a much more successful trip than my first attempt at waterskiing back in the early '90's. That evening ended in tears, gnashing of teeth and a couple of playful slugs at my friend at the time. This particular evening, while not ending in waterski success, did end without any significant bruises, scrapes, cuts or concussions. It did, however, end with a sword fighting lesson from one of our more adventurous colleagues, Steve. We took some great pictures, and Steve Photoshopped them to show me actually holding a light saber. My dream come true!

For me, it was quite a thrill to navigate the wooden practice blade in Jedi fashion - imagining the day when I meet Darth Vader or the next Darth and try to fend him off my kids. OK, so that is just a ridiculous fantasy, but oh well. I can dream, can't I???

All in all, it was a great bonding evening for the six of us. Mike was a great teacher - quite patient and very clear about feedback on each attempt. While we may not have had "success" in skiing (well, Steve did, but we're still not talking about that... he's just great), there was marked improvement over previous attempts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Man Juggler said...

I was there... It was AWESOME!

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home