Thursday, June 09, 2005

Just a little banter today...

Not much else going on... just thought these stories from MSNBC.com were worth blogging about... especially the Tsunami one... a little freaky if you ask me. Kinda reinforces the belief that nature was not meant to be "developed"... my daughter recently got the movie Pocohontas as a gift from her grandparents, and some of the lessons in that movie (yes, I'm wreaking of "momdom," but bear with me) seem quite applicable here. Who is to say that one society is more "civilized" than another? Seems "civilization" didn't help much when 100 foot waves started hitting the shores... actually a detriment. Interesting, eh?

At the same time, I'm not ready to pack up and move to some granola commune or anything... it's about to be the middle of the summer here in good ol' Texas, and I'll take my air conditioning and ice cubes with a twist of lime, if it's all the same to you.

Cheers, y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home